Entrance exams are hard to ace in this competitive world. Thousands and lakhs of aspirants apply for different entrance exams in their respective fields to clear these exams to build their careers. It is important to check the eligibility criteria in terms of age, nationality and educational qualification. Among all, one of the well-known exams is Engineering Service Exam (ESE) for the engineer candidates. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment to vacancies in Central Government departments like Indian Railways, Indian Defence, Central Engineering Service, Central Water Engineering etc.
The ESE exam is conducted in four branches- mechanical engineering, electronics & telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering and civil engineering. Know that a good strategy and hard work will help you to clear this exam. Also know that the vacancies are much less than the number of applications received for this exam, so you need to be prepared well for it. Starting with the preparation, understand the exam pattern and also look for the syllabus.
You can also visit BYJU’S Exam Prep for further information on ESE Exam such as syllabus, preparation tips, study notes & pdfs, test series and online coaching.
Detailed study plan to crack Engineering Service Exam (ESE):
Some of the important ESE Exam preparation tips are given below.
- Revise all the main topics – It is very much important to pay attention to each and every topic in the syllabus. Never leave any topic until or unless you are not giving your 100% in understanding it. Once you are done, never forget to take a goof timely revision of all the topics you have covered.
- Focus to understand basics– The most important thing is to understand the basics of everything so that you can learn the advanced concepts.
- Stay updated with the website- You must stay updated regarding every update of the exam, pattern, or syllabus. So in case if there is any change or alteration you must know it on time.
- Don’t forget the previous papers: The previous question that appears are always way too helpful for the appearing candidates. You must practice them to get a hold on the syllabus and pattern.
- Time management – Time management is very important as there is no benefit if you know all the concepts but are not able to do it on time. To maximize your speed, try to practice as much as you can and also solve mock papers. This will help you to boost your confidence as well.
- Short cut techniques – Solve numerical with the short-cut techniques. Though it will take time to grasp the shortcuts, once you are done, your speed will increase the mathematical questions.
- Understand the syllabus– Before starting or making a timetable, know about the topics and bifurcate them accordingly. This will help you to allot more time to those subjects in which you think you are weak. Take some time to understand the topics and then start the preparation.
- Flexible timetables – We always hear about going by the timetable, which is said the right way. But sometimes the timetable does not go as per the plan. Sometimes we think of some topics which are easy, but they turn out to be time-consuming which ruins our timetable. So while preparing one, it is important to make it in a flexible manner so that you can make some changes afterwards as well. This will not put pressure on your mind to go as per the timetable.
So above are some of the steps you should follow to crack the ESE exam efficiently. Don’ distract yourself, relax and study mindfully.
Stay Connect our education blog & Submit Guest Post Education