Vrischikasana described in Yoga is an advanced yoga asana. In order to practice this asana, intense balancing power and perseverance are required. If one does this asana correctly and with concentration. So his anatomy starts looking like a scorpion. For its practice, it is very important for the shoulders to be healthy and strong.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join the 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh.
How To Do Vrischikasana Yoga:
- To practice the asana, stand on your knees by laying a mat on the ground.
- Bring the hands in front and keep them on the floor till the elbows.
- Keep the head on the floor and come in the posture of headstand (with the help of both hands and head, take the legs up). Straighten the spine and legs.
- When the balance is caught, bend the legs at the knees and bring them to a 90-degree angle.
- Keep the part straight from the knees to the soles.
- Point the fingers of both the feet in front.
- Now keeping the balance, raise the head up and try to look towards the front.
- Stay in this posture for as long as you feel comfortable in this position.
- Come to the normal position while exhaling.
- While doing this asana, meditation should be done on the tip of the nostril or on the forehead.
Benefits of Vrischikasana:
- It is a good asana for reducing fat.
- And with its practice, the body starts feeling light after removing the extra fat.
- Strengthens the muscles of the back and shoulders with regular practice.
- Plus it helps to open up the hips and expand the chest and shoulders.
- Its practice increases blood circulation.
- It helps in purifying the blood by increasing the heart rate.
- Develops the brain and improves concentration ability.
- Makes the power of perception strong.
- Makes the spine strong and flexible.
- Increases lung function.
- Makes skin glowing and radiant.
- Sharpen the eyes.
- And also cures premature graying of hair, hair fall, etc.
- And if it is practiced regularly, then tolerance develops in the person.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can join the 300 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
- Keep in mind that this asana should not be practiced if you are suffering from severe heart disease.
- And it should not be practiced during pregnancy.
- Do not do Vrischikasana even if you are suffering from shoulder, thigh, buttocks, waist, spinal cord injury, or serious problems.
- People suffering from the problem of severe hypertension should not practice it.
- If you are practicing it for the first time, then do it under the supervision of a qualified guru or expert. Which can tell you whether you are physically and mentally ready for this asana or not.
Things You Need To Know:
- The time of Brahma Muhurta in the morning is considered good for exercise or Yogasanas.
- Keep in mind that this asana should be practiced on an empty stomach.
- If you want to practice it in the evening, then it is necessary to keep a time of 10 hours between the meal and practice.